How to Remove Makeup from PoresPosted on: April 16, 2019, by : Miao-Admin
Removing makeup is not a cakewalk as it might seem. For those of you who use makeup daily, knowing right application of makeup removal products is necessary to get makeup and grime off completely from pores, otherwise it may lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Since we all dream of fresh and glowing skin in the morning, going to bed without taking down makeup will ruin your skin and lead to infection, irritation, breakouts, blackheads, broken eyelashes and even lead premature ageing. In this post, we will address this query, “how to remove makeup from pores.” Read on for awesome tips and tricks on makeup removal.
1. Start with application of cleanser meant for makeup: The makeup cleanser that you use should be sufficient to take off foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, in short everything. You have to massage the cleanser over your face and let it sit for 15 to 30 seconds. Also, use it along your hairline, under your chin, and around your ears. Then wipe with a wet, white cotton washcloth, so you can really see that all the makeup has actually been taken down
2. Begin with cleansing oil in case of heavy makeup: The theory behind removing anything on the skin—whether it is dirt or makeup is that “like dissolves like.” If your makeup is thick and heavy, go for oil-based cleansers whereas a regular cleanser will do enough to remove light makeup of just compact and day cream.
3. Be gentle while removing makeup: The process of removing makeup from the skin should be soft and gentle. Do not massage vigorously and leave your skin irritated. The idea to remove tough makeup is to rub small amounts of oil on sensitive areas like eyelids, eyebrows and lips. Oil cleansers will break down makeup and melt them down. Just take a cotton pad and put some oil on it. Remember never to scrub away your face daily in order to remove makeup, exfoliating your skin with harsh scrubs on a daily basis is not recommended at all.
4. Use steam heat to open up pores: In order to get spa kind of vibes, it is a good idea to apply steam on your face to break down tough makeup. Fill up your bowl with hot water and hover it over your face over it for a minute or two (do not bring it too close to your face or eyes). This will open up your facial pores and make it easier for the cleanser to penetrate the skin deeply. It is not always possible to remove makeup by this method everyday, but using this technique once a week will deep clean your pores.
5. Eye makeup removal needs special care: Mascara and gel liner are really tough to be removed, but you must never scrub the eye area as it is really sensitive. Use an oil-based (for waterproof products) or dual-phase (for everything else) remover specifically for the eyes. Take the cleanser on a cotton pad and hold it over eyelids to dissolve the product for some time before wiping it off.
6. Removal of every last bit of makeup is necessary: After removing makeup with cotton pad, ensure that you remove any remnant of it with a dry cotton pad. This will get rid of the last trace of product and makeup remover. This is particularly necessary to follow for mascara removal, otherwise it can lead to racoon eyes.
7. Avoid makeup wipes if you want complete pore removal: The best way to remove makeup from deep within the pores is to use some cleanser followed by water. A makeup wipe may be a good step to clean makeup initially, but it doesn’t remove makeup deep down the pores. If you use only wet wipes and then apply moisturizer, dirt and germs get attracted into your pores and you might experience blackheads and pimples.
8. Always follow up with a moisturiser: Many of us skip this step but this is really necessary to protect your skin from impurities. During the process of cleansing, facial pores get exposed to outside agents, hence you must seal them with a nourishing agent like moisturiser to nourish and hydrate your skin.
Now, summarizing the above steps, all you have to do is pull back your hair with a rubber band. If you are wearing heavy makeup, use a mild cleansing oil on your face and massage gently in circular directions for about 30-40 seconds. Now, using a wet sponge or a cotton ball, wipe your face smoothly. With this step, tough makeup breaks down well. To ensure that there is no residue of makeup or cleansing oil on the face, apply steam as this will open facial pores. Now, using some mild facial cleanser, massage your face for some time. Finally, rinse it off well and follow up with a moisturizer to nourish your skin. These steps will ensure that all traces of makeup have been removed well from the face.
Hope you got an idea on how to remove makeup from pores effectively. Follow this procedure and enjoy breakout-free glowing skin.